6 years ago today, our sweet, funny 'B' joined our family!
Me: So what does it feel like to finally be 6?
B: I don't know. I still feel 5. You can't really feel what it feels like to grow (making hand motions as she says this). If you did it would feel funny.
Me: What do you hope to accomplish this year?
B: I don't know. To listen to my teacher and my mom and my dad more.
Me: Oh, nice!
B: Yeah, you would like that.
Me: What will be the hardest thing about being 6?
B: Going to 1st grade
Me: What will be the easiest thing about being 6?
B: Making more new friends
Me: If your friends could describe you in one word, what would it be?
B: Smarty pants. That's what Ms. S (her teacher) calls me. She tries to trick me all the time but she can't because I'm a smarty pants. She can't even trick me with the word Mississippi. Try me. I know how to spell it.
Me: OK. Spell Mississippi. (I've only heard her do this a thousand times!)
B: M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I *whoo* (sound she makes every time she spells this word!)
Me: What will your favorite color be as a six year old?
B: Um, I think blue and red. Because my birthday candle is blue and red, so those will be my favorite colors.
Me: Why is today so special?
B: Because its my birthday, the day I was born. But it's not all about presents and donuts, it's really a celebration. You know how on Christmas we celebrate Jesus being born and Easter we celebrate him rising up, but we do fun things too on those days because kids like fun things. But its really about celebrating! So on my birthday we celebrate too.
Well said, 'B'! Well said! And celebrate we will!
Happy Birthday!


6 comments:
LOVE the interview. Her answer to the last question was PERFECT :) Happy Birthday B!!!!!!!!
Great interview! I remember vividly how you guys came to visit soon after she was born and she cried and cried and cried herself to sleep. It made me very grateful that Hailey (only two months older) didn't cry that much. : ) She had a lot to say even back then. Hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating her.
I don't know how you have time to sit down and interview your "smarty pants" kids but it has to be the cutest thing EVER!!!
Happy Birthday Beautiful B!!!
Wow. I don't know any 6 year old that would answer that last one like that! That's awesome!
CUTE! Your birthday bashes begin! I cannot believe B is 6!!! I loved reading this. You guys are such great parents!
Adorable! And so very articulate in her interview:)
Post a Comment