Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wrapped!

In case you didn't know, the boy is 2.  If you intend to every be around our family sometime this year, please remember that the boy is 2!  He is Oh. So. Two!

I've spent numerous store trips (Wal-Mart, Hancocks, Micheals, insert just about any store we go into, except the grocery store where he gets a free cookie) pushing a shopping cart stiff armed in order to keep this delightful kicking and screaming 2 year old from hitting me, as we hastily walk around trying to accomplish what we came into the store for, in the quickest amount of time, all the while we are receiving lots of strange glances and looks from other patrons.  Thankfully all I have to say is, "He's two!"and everyone understands!

Right now, 'S's only saving grace is the fact that he is so darn cute!  God was so smart in making these high-maintenance darlins adorable.  Even after 'S' has yelled 'no' at me for the thousandth time in a day or he's refused to do anything I actually want him to do, he can still flash his sweet smile, come run and hug himself around my legs, and all is forgiven!  I go from steaming mad to wrapped around his little finger!  (Well played God!  Well played!)

Today before nap, he totally wrapped me!  Our usual routine before nap or bedtime is to sit in the rocking chair in his room and sing a song.  This afternoon, we go into his room and 'S' jumps into the rocking chair before I can sit down.

"My turn momma"
"You want to sing today?"
"Jyes!"
"Well can I still sit down?"
He hops down and lets me sit in the chair.  Then he climbs in my lap and puts his head on my shoulder.
"What do you want to sing?"
"Baby Mine" 
(The song I sing the most.)
"Baby Mine . . (mumble, mumble) . .  cry.  Baby Mine . . (mumble, mumble) . .  eyes."
Pause in the song like he's forgotten how the 3rd line goes.
I start in to help him.  "Rest your head . . "
"Momma, hush" (whispered in my ear)
"(more mumbling singing) . . heart . . . (mumble mumble) . . part, Baby Mine"

He gives me a kiss, says "Yuv you Momma," climbs down, and gets into bed.

My heart = melted!

3 comments:

Drea said...

Awww! My heart just melted a bit too! What a sweetheart! I feel ya on the shopping. :/ Taking T to stores is a bit of a nightmare. He will sit for about 2 minutes before he starts squirming his way out of the seatbelt and then jumping out of the cart--whether I'm looking or not! I actually just found a hiking backpack on ebay so I can try trapping him on my back.

April L. said...

Oh my goodness!!! I wish I could hang out with him!!! I have to be honest, it sounds like he takes after his daddy. :)

Anna F said...

Oh we wish you were still up here so S and N could hang out. He sounds just like G at that age (and at 3 and most of 4 so far). N is so much sweeter and calmer. He and I can actually get things accomplished. I love these little moments with them. Just remember he won't be 2 forever. Just cherish the memories.