Thursday, March 7, 2013

Funny Kid Phonetics

Thursday mornings are one of our big errands/out-and-about mornings.  We usually go up to the girls' school and help out and then go to the grocery store.

This morning 'N' comes up to me and proudly says, "I know where we are going this morning.  It starts with the letter . . . . . . . . . (long pause from her because she's being dramatic) I anticipate her saying S or G, but instead she loudly announces, "L!"

I tell her, "Well I don't think we're going anywhere that starts with an L today," while I make a mental note to spend more time with her phonics skills when we do our preschool work at home.

N replies with, "Yes we are.  We're going to the elementary school today!"  (Again said with utmost pride and enthusiasm because she was so sure of herself!)

I just smiled and gave her a high five.  It was too cute to correct!

1 comment:

The Rypple Effect said...

Very cute! In my pre-k class that would get a high five too!