'N's soccer was very similar to what we were a part of back in Virginia. Young players. No score. Just good developmental fun! Her age group pretty much ran in a huddle around the ball. No worries about positions or game plans. The main goal for each kid was just to kick the ball, and hopefully kick it enough to get it into the other goal. Very laid back and easy.
We were so busy with soccer, I was ill prepared for Halloween. I finally went and bought a pumpkin for us to carve on Oct 30th and the only one I could find was a white pumpkin. The kids named him "Albino" and decided to carve him into a mummy. Even though we steer clear of creepy Halloween things, this seemed appropriate given the pumpkin's color.
The kids all picked their costumes, but I managed to NOT. GET. ANY. PICS. of my girls!!!! I'm seriously slacking here! 'R' was a nerd, 'B' was Hermoine Granger from Harry Potter, and 'N' was a black cat. NO theme or likeness what so ever! 'S' wanted to be Aqua Man, but thankfully fell in love with the Iron Man costume at the store. Technically he was the Iron Patriot, but he called himself Iron Man. I did manage to get a picture of my two handsome heroes!
As October started to wind down, we began preparing for a trip to Georgia. My younger brother 'J' got marred on Nov 8th. We unfortunately spent 7 hours in the car on my birthday, but we arrived in the beautiful mountains of Chattahoochee National Forest. It was amazing!
We spent 2 days hanging with family and cousins. I got to see my awesome cancer-kicking sister and her very healthy baby girl again. We soaked in God's beauty, rode horses, and spent a lot of time sitting around talking and playing games.
![]() |
| I look pretty good for 93, don't I? |
![]() |
| Most adorable ring bearer and flower girl, EVER! |
Oh, and in the midst of all the family fun, my brother got married too.
Great weekend!
So, I think that catches me up on everything we've been up to. Maybe with the holiday season coming up things will slow down a bit! Ha-ha!












No comments:
Post a Comment