I sat down tonight to do a different post, but when I downloaded the one picture I wanted off my camera, I realized that I had about 30 others from different things we've done over the past 2 weeks. So, in order to stay sequential or orderly, I'll tell you about those pictures first and save the other post for a later day.
So the week of New Year's Len had off Thursday and Friday. We made our traditional black eye pea gumbo for lunch on New Year's Day, and even managed to have some Texas friends join us for it! (Cool timing on that one - Thank you David & Kayla!) For the rest of the extended weekend, we began looking for fun family things to do. We wanted to go to the zoo, but weather did not permit for that. So we found a Children's Museum not too far away with a Chinese buffet across the street! (My husband loves museums and Chinese food, so this was an EASY sell for him!) We also just spent some time hanging out together at home, playing, and going to the park. Good, quality time together! There are lots of pictures, so enjoy!
One of our lazy mornings together, where we piled all the girls in our bed with us. They think mom and dad's bed is like a big trampoline!

Riding scooters outside.


At the Children's Museum, sitting in a HUGE purple chair!

Bubble fun!



Playing at the park

"All aboard the USS Driskell! Next port - Insanity!"


I have to explain this last picture a bit. For Christmas "Nana" gave each of the girls a doll and $10. So we set out to Target one day for them to go shopping with their money. I was a bit skeptical of what we'd be able to find for only $10 and was afraid that the girls might actually be disappointed when they saw some of the big, cool toys that were out of their price range. Boy was I wrong! As soon as we walked into Target, the girls saw the dollar bins and they were hooked. We never actually made it to the toy section! Each girl bought 8 different things varying from coloring books, headbands, stamps, pillows, clips, to giant lollipops! They love all their new finds, and even though those things may not last very long, I do think our girls have gotten their $10 worth in enjoyment! One of those items, the stamps, have been used by both girls to decorate their body! Here's 'B' showing off her lovely stamp face! Just goes to show that it doesn't take much to entertain a kid!

2 comments:
Love the photos! I love the dollar isle at Target too! That is where I got my kids stocking suffer gifts this year and yes, those are a few of there favorite gifts.
My boys LOVE the dollar aisle. I use it to bribe good Target behavior out of them while we shop. I told them they could each pick out one thing, and they each went for the biggest lollipop we have ever seen. Always the candy!
Post a Comment