Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just a few pictures!

My mother, aka "Mia", came for a visit this weekend and we have just a few pictures to show for it. OK, rather a few hundred! But I LOVE pictures, so I'm not complaining! Since this is my outlet for sharing, you are the one who is going to have to scroll through all of them. Sorry! (But not really!)

First stop - Aquarium. The girls had fun watching and even touching (after what seemed like hours of whining, tears, and reassurance from us) the sting rays.




Yes, we are crazy! Len was the sane one of the group who did not get into the shark head!

But look at how much fun we had!

As you can see, "Mia" and 'B' jumped a little when the stingray came by the glass. Ironically 'R' who had been the big crier over touching them, wasn't fazed!

Next stop on the photo express was the birthday celebration! My mom's birthday is actually tomorrow (21st) but we love having an excuse to make cake and fun pop-up cards!



That is a sunken ? candle on her cake - not a 2!



Baby pictures are always a must, so Mia tried to capture a few of 'N's varying expressions! Here we have intellectual baby.



Snorty baby!

Serious baby

Happy, splashing, clean baby!

(And I believe this was right before she became the pooping in the tub baby! Maybe that's why she's so happy!)

Flirtatious smirking baby


Delighted and determined to stand baby

Last but not least (see I told you there were a lot of pictures!) no visit with "Mia" would be complete without the photo session. Or better known as the trying to defy basic laws of nature by achieving a decent group shot in matching attire! Here are my 2 favorites.


The really cool thing about the second photo is how much my mother edited it! You can still see a little bit of my arm between 'R' and 'N', but "Mia" was able to take out my head that is in the background. I'm holding on to 'N's foot so she won't take off over the edge of the stairs. Here's the unedited version.

Here are a few others that didn't make the cut and were too far gone for any of our editing! These are more representative of the real world when trying to photograph multiple children at one time! Here's us trying to stop the baby!

'R' was excited about something, and my head is in the corner trying to keep 'N' on the stair!

Sister's hair looked good!

And why not go ahead and pick your sister's nose too!

So as you can see, we had a great time and visit with "Mia". In fact the morning after she left, as we sat around the breakfast table quietly eating plain cereal, 'R' announced "It's not any fun with Mia gone!" Yep! Sorry kids. You're stuck with boring ol' mom and dad! But at least we have plenty of pictures to remember our exciting weekend! Thanks Mom! We already miss you!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love the photos. I have to agree it is almost impossible to get a good photo of 3 kids. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun though.

Rachael said...

Maybe "R" and I really are twins!! I am pretty nervous about scary water animals myself... I would have been crying right there with her! :)

(Sorry for the deleted post before this...I realized that I was using the kids' real names)

Mia said...

And I miss you all. What a great trip and how much I've chuckled as I review these pictures.