Well, because my friend Mandy doesn't have facebook, she did her "25 Random Things" on her blog and then tagged everyone to do the same. I've already done my random list on facebook but I thought I'd give it a shot again here on the blog. This time I'm going to try and do 25 random things about our family.
1. We each have a different number of letters in our first name. Len=3, Kara=4, etc.
2. We should buy stock in Kleenex. We have them in just about every room in the house and we go through them like candy!
3. We have an ungodly amount of crosses in our house! There are atleast 2 crosses in every room including the bathrooms, and I'm considering mounting some on each dirty clothes hamper so the evil sock thief will go away!
4. We all love food! Len and I are not picky eaters and we've been trying to raise our kids to be the same. So far, so good. Our girls do a great job of eating most veggies, fruits, meats, and of course all deserts!
5. Right along with #4, we all love to cook! I'm the head chef at home, but Len is incredibly skilled in the kitchen too. Our older two love looking through cookbooks and "helping" me cook when they can!
6. Games and puzzles ROCK! Len and I have a great collection of games that we enjoy, and the girls are coming close to matching us with their collection! Not a day goes by when we don't play some kind of game together.
7. "Thrifty" - Neither Len or I have ever been huge brand name people when it comes to clothes and furniture. We consider ourselves economical and try to buy good things but at sale prices or resale through Craigs List and other consignments. Right now our girls love any kind of hand-me-downs and consignment items. They aren't picky! (Not sure how long that will last - we do have 3 girls!)
8. Love books! Len and I are HUGE book collectors (although very different kinds) and so far all of our girls love to read and be read to! I guess Len and I passed on the "nerd" genes!
9. Genetically weird! Along with the bookworm genes, our girls seem to be way too much like their parents - Very, very weird!!! I guess there was really no hope for them to begin with. It's fun to watch and see their unique weirdness grow. They are strange, but we love them!
10. Our middle names are all family names.
11. We all like the color purple.
12. We were all born in different towns.
13. So far every year we've been married we've done a Christmas card photo and little newsletter. If you don't like them and you're on our mailing list - too bad! : )
14. Driskell is an Irish name, originally O'Driscoll. They were ship builders from Cork county. We have the flag of Ireland hanging up in our garage, numerous books about Irish beliefs, an Irish cookbook, an Irish doorknocker, Irish folktales for the girls, and Len wears an Irish wedding band and a Celtic cross tattooed on his arm.
15. We currently have 5 calendars in our house! Almost enough for each room!
16. We believe in the coming and going philosophy of possessions. When new things come in, something old goes out!
17. We have only 1 TV and plan to keep it that way.
18. Church is not optional. It is a part of our family and a part of our weekly routine, but not as a mandatory item. It is something that we all look forward to every week! It is where we get connected, make friends, and enjoy good Christian fellowship. Our girls LOVE church and they don't know it any differently!
19. We all love music but, God bless us, none of us have any rhythm. Some of you who have been following my blog remember one of the first video clips I put up of 'R's spastic interpretive dance! 'B' doesn't show any more restraint in expressing herself wildly, and now even little 'N' has a strange head banging hula dance going on. (I think she's trying to bop her head to the music, but ends up swaying her whole body way out of whack!) Len and I took dance lessons before we got married yet it took several weeks of practice and work to manage to look decent at just one dance (and on a side note - its amazing that Len actually married me after going through those dance lessons. I'm a terrible partner b/c I always want to be in control! Maybe that's where 'R' gets it from! Hmm)
20. We say a prayer together every evening around the dinner table.
21. We always tell each other we love each other before going to bed.
22. We love movies and quoting movies!
23. Laughter and sarcasm abound richly in our home!!!!! Life is too short to not laugh!
24. It has taken me almost a week to write these random things!
25. I think Mandy has the funniest blog I've ever read! Seriously! (And I was really struggling to make it to number 25!)
No comments:
Post a Comment