Since moving to Virginia, I have found a fun way to entertain myself in the car!
It is called vanity plates . . . . and they are EVERYWHERE!!!!
Back in Texas you'll see a few unique plates, but not very often. Here you see them on 1 out of every 4 or 5 cars. So why is it that these east coasties have so much fun expressing themselves with up to 8 letter and numbers? It's because it only costs $10 to get a vanity plate in Virginia! Just $10 and you can say just about whatever you want to say. (I think there are a few rules and limits as far as profane words go.)
Like:
(and I promise these are all actual license plates that I copied down!)
NKDFEET (naked feet)
DBASSGY (The bass guy)
GO HIPHY (go hippy)
BRDS FAN (birds fan)
FROGCHK (frog chick)
NO PAYMT (no payment)
SKY GURL (sky girl)
SUBLMNL (subliminal)
O-REAL E (Oh, really)
HZ3 GRLS (has 3 girls)
JNS GRLS (jeans girls)
GDDESS (goddess)
MI 3 SQNS (my 3 sons)
1XX 3XY (one female and 3 males - kids? family? Don't know!)
MOBLTEC (mobile tech)
GM ARCH (I think its the general manager of McDonalds!)
RDCHLI (red chili?)
SNGN 2U (singing to you)
SKYZ IT (sky is it)
RET CFD (retired something, maybe CFD initials?)
This one is kind of redundant to me:
VANTPL8 (vanity plate)
There have been some neat spiritual ones that I've enjoyed:
DOUKWHM (do you know him?)
GR8FUL (grateful)
GD ISN US (God is in us)
LVDBY GD (loved by God)
There are many more that have someone's name on it, a year number and something to do with a university or high school, or even something to do with someone's occupation. You never know what you're going to see on someone's license plate. Part of my fun is trying to figure it out. There are some that are obviously an inside thing that only the driver and those close would know. But then there are others that are definitely words or phrases, but I can't figure them out. So, I thought you could join me in my driving fun and give your guess as to what these next mean. I've numbered them so you can reference your guesses in the comments. Go grab a piece of paper and a pencil right now and start jotting down your answers. The zanier the better!
1. 14KASS - This is one that Len and I saw shortly after moving here and we had an interesting discussion over what we each thought it meant. He said is was 14 and Kass for Kassandra or something like that. I said it was 14 karat a@@. Let me also mention to you that this was a white/cream colored Lexus with gold trim all over it!
2. HO QURAN
3. DW BG TH
4. TN LIL 1
5. DEDPENY - dead penny? but what does that mean?
6. AMC ONE
7. VEGIGI
8. COW PIHI - obviously I get the first word, but not the rest
OK. So fire away on your guesses. And share any other good vanity plates you've come across!
3 comments:
kara, you crack me up! i loved all of your comments about each plate...haha. some of those are so weird. i will have to look at them again to see if any of the last ones make sense to me. thanks for a good laugh. =) -alison t.
It was like that in Vegas too. EVERYONE had vanity plates with some of the weirdest stuff. You could see some of the same sayings but with creative "spellings" because obviously someone else took the original.
Your brother and sister-in-law noticed the same thing when they lived in Virginia for a year.
Are you going to provide a cheat sheet for us license-plate challenged people??
Post a Comment