First we started with some painting. Two bedrooms upstairs really needed a good, neutral shade on their walls: the office, which was brown, and the master bedroom which was blue. Both are now "Weathered Sandstone" - simple, creamy, and non-clashing!
Then we disassembled 4 large pieces of furniture and did a big room switch around. 'R' & 'B' are now in a larger room with a bigger bookshelf, the office is now in a smaller room, and we now have our large wardrobe in our master bedroom where it actually matches the rest of the furniture. The major moving of furniture was done in one weekend, but it actually took us several weeks to get the two flip-flopped rooms completely put back together and looking normal!
Last (and my favorite part) we did a little decorating! Some big prints were framed, pictures were rearranged, and new curtains made. Everything looks so pretty, and I just LOVE it! It feels like we've finally "nested" in the house that we've been living in for a year.
Here are some pictures of the new rooms:
Our master bedroom.
The new girls' room.
The only room that didn't get changed was 'N's room, the tiny nursery. However changes are coming to that room as well. 'N' will move into a big girl bed soon and will join her sisters in their room.
That will leave the nursery open for the next little Driskell . . .
due to arrive in October!
In case you missed that, YES we are PREGNANT!!!
In case you missed that, YES we are PREGNANT!!!
We told the girls last Thursday after my first OB appointment. We wrapped the sonogram picture in a box and told them we had a surprise for them. At first they were totally confused as to who was in the picture. They guessed every member of the family (and sadly even guessed the dog! Apparently our children aren't very bright!) until Len finally pointed to my belly. Then the light bulb went off and the girls became VERY excited!
Here you can still see the confusion on their faces. ('N' was content with the box and wrapping paper, completely oblivious to the conversation that was going on!)
Then they got it! This picture was followed by lots of jumping, yelling, shouting, and little girl happiness. 'N' joined in for the celebration, but again had no idea what was going on!

7 comments:
Love the "makeover". The rooms look great! You guys are so much smarter than we are and got your big makeover jobs done in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy instead of the last 10 weeks as we are doing.
Wow! Those are big changes. Everything looks beautiful. Congratulations! It's definately an exciting time.
AAAAHHH! Yay for baby #4. Looks like you guys are all ready when it comes to having the house ready. Praying these next months are precious ones!
Hooray! Congratulations on Driskell #4!!
Yay yay yay!! I'm so excited for you! Looks like we'll be joining the "4 Club" at about the same time!
Dearest friends,
I have not talked to you in such a long time! But from your blog I can see that you are experiencing radical gratitude! I love you and miss you very much. Feel free to call or email as those are the same as when you left. Anyway, I hope your pregnacy is smooth sailing and that you are blessed abundantly by this child.
P.S. I am available in October.
YEAH!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. I am in total shock and SUPER excited for you guys :) Oh, I so wish I could be there to hang out with you during this pregnancy! I love you all!
Post a Comment