Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Carnival Fun

The carnival is in town! And I'm not talking about our crazy crew. A real carnival, complete with overpriced games with cheap prizes, loud neon lit rides, and lots of greasy fried food!

Len and I were quite proud of ourselves and our girls. We ventured out on the cheapest night, $1 rides, while the sun was still out and hot. We got there before all the big crowds and let the girls each pick out 4 rides to go on. They braved some fast rides without crying and Len and I walked away from the carnival only spending $20. Not too shabby for a family night out!


'R' & 'B' are getting better and better about handling these rides and not being so scared. 'N' of course would ride everything there. She was the only one who did cry that evening and that was because she couldn't ride some of the rides with big sisters. Len and I love amusement rides so it is fun to watch our girls get accustomed to them as well. We can't wait for the day when we can all go to a Busch Gardens or Six Flags and ride some of the really cool coasters together.


Sadly for me, I was only able to enjoy the carnival from a spectator position. I assumed the role of photographer (which I love) because me and my obviously preggo belly were banned from EVERY ride there. Even the merry-go-round! A little sad yes, but I still enjoyed being the cheerleader on the sidelines and watching my family have fun.








'R' bravely chose this small roller coaster for one of her rides.

It was faster than thought, but she toughed it out!






Can you tell that 'B' was having a BLAST!!!



'N' and I stood next to the same alligator mural as last year.
2010
As you can tell, we've both changed in size and hair length!
2009

We left the carnival with lots of sweaty smiles and non-stop chatter from our girls as they discussed over and over again which rides they liked!

What good family fun!

3 comments:

Alison said...

that looks like so much fun! sorry you couldn't ride anything, but your pictures were great! :) always useful for something! :)

The Rypple Effect said...

Glad you guys got to go - SO MUCH FUN!

Grammy said...

Boy does that bring back some fun memories! Wish we'd been there to enjoy it with you guys:)