Monday, June 21, 2010

Yeah! It's Summer!

Praise God, school is finally out here! I don't know that I'll ever get used to school ending SO late! I realize it doesn't start back till September. But sheesh people, it is the middle of June!

So, 'R' had her last day of school on Friday, and the last few weeks have been busy with those end of school things. Here's a few shots of our activities.

Bridging Ceremony for Daisys. 'R' is "officially" a Brownie Girl Scout now!

Author's Tea.
Each first grader turned one of their writing stories into a hard back book and then showed off their books at an Author's Tea. 'R' even won the Caldecott medal for her class for best story. She was SO proud!

Field Day parade.

And Field Day races.

'R' won first for the girls in her class.

Last day of school "academics" - a.k.a. "party"!
'B' and I joined in for the fun!


'R' and her sweet teacher, Mrs. B.
It's been a great school year, but we are all thankful that it is summer now! 'R' & 'B' are both looking forward to next year as 'B' will start Kindergarten and 'R' will attend a gifted school for 2nd grade.

No comments: