Sunday, February 13, 2011

Friday Night Fever

Move over John Travolta.  There's some new moves in town!


Well . . . not really.  Wish I could say that my children were physically talented in the coordination and rhythm department, but they are  . . . well . . . my kids!  Their "moves" are the stuff that America's Funniest Home Videos is made of!

But since my children have yet to realize their dancing inadequacies, we went to a family dance at 'R's school on Friday night.  'R' and all the other students have been learning group dances and line dances in PE for the past couple of weeks - like Cotton-Eye Joe, Bunny Hop, Chicken Dance, Macarena, Electric Slide, etc.  So the school set up a very nice family dance for everyone to come to.  They did a great job making it fun and keeping it light and innocent.  (I'm SO not ready for any other kind of dances in our future.  Can I send my girls to a convent for junior high?)

Grammy came along too, and we all bee-bopped, twisted, and hopped ourselves silly for an hour or so.  Wonderful workout!  And my children slept GREAT when we got home!  Works better than Benadryl! 


Here's 'R' dancing to the YMCA.  What cracks me up is that she isn't making any of those letter!  Hmm . . "gifted" right?  I rest my case about those dance moves.

'R' and Grammy doing the Chicken Dance.

'R' and 'B' doing some kind of do-si-do thing.

Unfortunately I have no viewable pictures of 'N'.  Her only "dancing" was just hopping.  Worked great for the Bunny Hop song.  But wasn't so great for the camera woman.

Here's how 'S' spent most of the night - sleeping in my sling!  This was hands down the loudest place we've ever taken him and he was sacked out!  Go figure!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Fun night! But "R" is growing up way too fast:)