One of the perks of deployment, dare I say the only perk of deployment, is the cool presents we get in the mail from Daddy.
His first few port visits were in and around Italy. In Agusta Bay, Sicily, Len stayed at a naval base near Mt. Etna. He bought these earrings and pendant for me. They are made from lava from Mt. Etna.
In Mdina, Malta Len purchased glass bead bracelets for the girls. Sorry baby 'S', no jewelry for you!
And not indigenous to Italy or the surrounding area, Len found some fun Sandra Boynton books for the girls. Amazing Cows for the older girls and Your Personal Penguin for the younger two. ('R' is being an amazing cow in this picture, hence the pose. Don't ask me. I don't understand. I just take the pictures!)
Our fridge now boasts three new magnets from the places he has been too! Fun gifts from a sweet man!
We love you honey! Almost 1/3 down. 2/3 to go!
2 comments:
Glad your looking at the silver lining. The gifts are beautiful.
I never thought there was a plus side, but those gifts are awesome. And you can see it on those girls faces that they LOVE them. They have a great daddy.
Post a Comment