Friday afternoon, Len and I loaded up the car, kissed the kids and nursing home dog good-bye (she's home and slowly improving) and headed off to this nice place:
We left our home, children, and recovering dog in the capable hands of "Mia" who flew up for the weekend just so Len and I could enjoy an anniversary weekend trip. (The last time we did this 'R' was 2 months old! We were overdue for another one!)
Our accommodations were beautiful!
And I got to enjoy, not one, but two amazing dinners out with this handsome man:
We went to restaurants that didn't have crayons and kid menus and took our sweet time eating food our children would have hated! We also went to the movies, stayed out way past normal bed time, and had a blast not worrying about any one else's schedules and routines. No diaper bag. No strollers. No nap times. And no one to interrupt our conversations. We did whatever we wanted to do! It was wonderful!
Since we were in Williamsburg we also spent some time walking around the historic colonial area and snapping pictures there. Everyone is in costume and they have recreated life back in 1770s just before the American Revolution. We wish we could have spent more time there, but we got a sample of it all and we're planning on going back with the kids sometime in the next year. It will be a great history lesson field trip!
Just to be silly, we got in the stocks too!
I think his crime was not respecting authority!
What do you think?














4 comments:
So glad you guys got to do that!!! You've definitely earned it. We've been to Colonial Williamsburg and have similar pictures in the stocks.
Sounds lovely!!
Sounds wonderful. Think of the fun you will have in Charleston!
So great! I think Len's stocks photo should be featured on this year's Christmas card...
Post a Comment