In December, we stayed home for Christmas. That is something we've RARELY done! (Like only one other time in our married life have we stayed home for Christmas, and that was our first Christmas in Virginia when we had just moved in 2 weeks prior!) Believe it or not, I have absolutely NO pictures of our Christmas here at home. Not a single one! We had a great time hanging out, relaxing, opening presents, playing with new toys, but the camera sat on it's little shelf the whole time. I never even got it out in hopes that it might get used! So, you'll just have to take my word for the fact that we had a great Christmas, because I have no photographic proof of it!
Here are a few other pictures from Dec that I found on my phone:
![]() |
| 'B' & 'N' walked in a parade with their dance group. They were dressed up like the "Whos" from the Grinch movie. |
![]() |
| 'B's chorus gave a Christmas performance. |
In January, we sadly said good-bye to our lazy holiday break and got back into our routines of school, work, dance, Girl Scouts, etc. Our girls stayed busy with cookie sales for Girl Scouts, and we enjoyed 2 1/2 days off of school for some "snow."
I realize why I feel so at home here in South Carolina. It is SO much like Texas! This "snow" we had was a perfect example. We basically had some ice and little white powdered sugar coating on everything, and that shut us down for 2.5 days! LOVED it! No complaints about the cautiousness of these southern people. This is what I grew up with. We southerners have no idea how to drive or handle ice/snow, so we just declare it a holiday and stay home. No power went out. No pipes froze. We watched movies, drank hot cocoa, dined on warm soup for every meal, and stayed cuddled under blankets reading books. Wonderful, lazy fun! The girls were disappointed because they thought it was going to be real snow, like the 10" we had back in Virginia. 'R' was desperate to make a snowman, so she scoured snow dust from anywhere she could to basically make a few snowballs, then she stacked them on top of each other for a "snowman." It was adorably pitiful!
I did finally dust my sweet Canon off and take it off it's sad, lonely shelf to snap pictures of our "arctic blast"!
![]() |
| "Olaf" was so small, we used mini M&Ms for eyes and toothpicks for arms! |
In January, our girls were also able to participate in a Flag Retirement Ceremony for Girl Scouts.
And just a random snap shot of what entertains a 3 year old who has just received numerous new toys for Christmas.
And no that's not a kid's tunnel. It's our dirty clothes hamper that he has turned on it's side and zipped himself into. Totally entertained him for a good 45 minutes!
Now we're into February, so hopefully I'll stay up on this blog posting and not get 2 months behind. No guarantees, but I do think I'm finally out of my holiday lazy mode!
Happy New Year!









1 comment:
Sounds like a good December. Exact opposite of ours.
Post a Comment