Monday, April 7, 2014

Tug-o-war, Fractures, and Milkshakes

Last night we had our "family night" at our church.  Everything was going great!  There were fun games set up, delicious food, and (best of all) good friends.  But then at the end, they brought out this giant rope to play tug-o-war.  I ('R'), without thinking, stood on it for reasons that are unclear to even me.  Then, as they were getting the game ready, the rope was pulled and my feet went our from underneath me.  I landed hard on my arm!  I cried a little. . . . Fine, I'll admit it, I cried a LOT!  Many sweet friends gave me hugs and told me they hoped I felt better. 

At the time of the accident, my elbow had been hurting, but when I woke up this morning my wrist was the main injury.  I could not turn, lift, pull, or support anything with my wrist. As the day went on, I figured out how to move without having sharp pains in my wrist and at 10:30 Mom picked me up for a doctor's appointment, just to check things out.  Surprise, surprise, I have a possibly fractured wrist.  They did some x-rays, probed and poked, then decided that I needed one of these lovely things (below). Needless to say, I did not go back to school.

Beautiful, isn't it?

So after 2 hours of doctor stuff we went to Hardees and got totally gross, greasy onion rings, some pretty good hamburgers, and heavenly chocolate milkshakes. The milkshakes helped a lot.

 Aren't you so jealous of me?

So now I have to wear this annoying brace and next Friday we're going back to the doctor's office where there's a possibility that I may get a full-fledged cast. Just another day in our crazy house! You never know what's coming next!!!

No comments: