Monday, June 20, 2016

Playing Catch-Up

 So 5 months has passes since I last blogged here.  With so much catching up to do, I'll just stick with the cliff notes version of things.  Hopefully I'll get better at keeping up with this, but I can't make any promises!

Jan:
-Grammy came to visit.
-'R' played basketball.

'R' was a great hustler on defense!

Feb:
-'R' continued basketball.

We hiked Maunawili Falls.  Len and 'R' jumped from the cliff too!

March:
-We took a week long trip to Kaua'i.
-'R' got braces and cut off a 10" ponytail.
-'N' started volleyball
-I started my second season of kickball.

Hiking the Na Pali coast in Kaua'i.
Waterfall hike in Kaua'i.




April:
-'B' turned 11!
-'N' turned 8!
-My mom, "Mia," came to visit.
-'N' continued volleyball.
-Our homeschooling group finished out the year.


The class I tutored in our homeschool group.
Fun with "Mia" at the sandbar.


May:
-'R' turned 13!
-'N' continued volleyball.



June:
-'S' started soccer.
-'N' started soccer.
-Len left for deployment

Our daily dose of chocolate to ease the pain.

180+ days without Len.  Boo!



End of School Year Update:
We finished out the school year in May, although we're still working on some math through the summer.  Overall our first year of homeschool was a success!  We all survived!  This new job has kept me busier than I ever imagined, with most days feeling like I'm barely keeping my head above water.  However, we've loved this new adventure and it has definitely grown us in countless ways!

'R' finished out 7th grade.

'B' finished out 5th grade.

'N' finished out 2nd grade.

'S' finished out Kindergarten.



No comments: