Sunday, November 25, 2007

Car vs. Deer

On Saturday, November 17th, right outside Bangs, TX a young male deer decided that life was not worth living any more and sprinted in front of the minivan. I (Len) was the only one in the car...thank you, God...and was able to quickly and safely move the car over to the side of the road. I was going 70 mph and didn't see the kamikaze until it was on the hood. God was with me, as He always has been. Here's the damage the deer caused.
The deer immediately went under the van and caused even more damage. Enough damage to cause the van to be totalled. The cop that stopped and waited for the tow truck with me said they call these wrecks "Car vs. Deer."
We are just thankful that only the van was damaged and the deer hurt (more like torn to pieces). If you look closely in this next picture you can actually see deer hair.

Looks like we will get a new minivan out of the deal and everything's going to work out. The thing that really gets me is that the van was only a few months from being paid off. Isn't that always the way. They call that Murphy's Law. Which makes me think of a movie quote, "If I ever meet this Murphy guy I'm kickin' him in the (rhymes with malls)!"


No comments: