Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Haircut

I finally did it! I grew out my hair long enough to donate to make a wig. Here's the before pictures.



I had to have at least an 8" ponytail in order to donate my hair. These ponytails are used to make wigs for women going through cancer treatments. It takes 6 ponytails to make one wig, so if you're interensted you can check out the website. It's something that is sponsered by Pantene, and there was a recent show all about it on Oprah. www.beautifullengths.com
Here are my after pictures. Its not too short on the sides, but I've got a shorter layered stack in the back! I'm really looking forward to not having to blow dry and curl all that hair!

: ) Kara




3 comments:

Mia said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful gift for another.
Love you
Mom

Alyssa said...

That's awesome!
You have always had such a caring heart.
Love the new short hair-do!

lewister said...

Yeah for you!! I'm about four inches short of donating myself, mostly because I want my hair to still be pretty long after I cut it off. I'm doing the Pantene program as well, although I learned there are a lot of groups you can donate to when I was doing my research.