Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fancy Friday & Fair Fun!

Friday night as I was getting supper warmed up and ready (it was left-overs again because I can't seem to figure out how to cook for only us girls!), "R" and "B" gave me a great idea.


I overheard them in their room setting up a fancy pretend dinner. Since it had been a rough week, especially with "R" having so many fits, and our supper wasn't really all that exciting, I thought it would be nice to make a fancy meal. So I told the girls to put on some fancy hats and jewelry, I set out nice place mats and fine china, and I lit a few small candles on the table. Plus we put on some Mozart music for ambiance! Needless to say, dinner was a hit! They loved it! In fact they want to continue to do "Fancy Friday" more often. And even though it was more work for me to set it all up, I have to say it was quite fun to get into the spirit of pretending and having fun being fancy!

After dinner, the girls didn't want the fanciness to end so we continued playing Mozart while they had dancing lessons/contest in the living room in their pretty dress up clothes!



On Saturday we ventured out to the fair with some friends, Lauren and Curtis, for a little fun. (I'm not crazy enough to try and take the girls by myself, so I recruited help! Thank you Grahams!) The girls were given enough tickets for 3 rides of their choice and one game. And after sweating profusely outside for an hour, we sat down for cold drinks and funnel cake! It was a fun and exhausting outing! "N" thought it was great too - She slept through it all while I carried her around in the sling!

It's hard to tell, but "R" is on the left, "B" is in the middle but you can only see the top of her head, and Lauren is on the right.




Doesn't Curtis look like their personal body guard!

No comments: