Sunday, September 7, 2008

ODS - Being Developed

For those of you who are wondering how I (Len) am doing up in Rhode Island, I thought I would let you know. Kara is doing a wonderful job keeping everyone up to date on the girls. Officer Development School is an uncomfortable place, sometimes painful, but they are trying hard to mold and shape us into Naval Officers. The instructors (Navy Senior Chiefs and Officers) are helping us realize the responsibility and weight that our commissioning entails.
This is important, even though I hate being away from my family. We have been working towards this goal for so long that I think I forgot that I still had many sacrifices to make. Kara, I know, is doing a super job taking care and nurturing the girls while I am gone. I have also heard of all of the support she is receiving from all of you. I thank you for that and pray your continued support of her.
You can email me at lmdriskell0001@training.navy.mil - until the 3rd of October.
Love you all. Miss you all. God bless.

No comments: