Since my last post was a bit negative, I need to counteract it with something more positive. And Len reminded me that I hadn't written about my mystery gift. Sometime around Christmas we received a package at the door addressed to me. When I opened it up I found a Pampered Chef (LOVE them!) microwave rice cooker inside.
For those who don't know me very well, this is the absolute most perfect kitchen present I could have gotten. It was obviously sent from someone who has experienced my cooking and heard my complain about how terrible my rice is. I can cook just about anything else, but I'd never been able to get that perfect fluffy rice. Mine was never even close - always mushy or sticky. According to my step-mom, I get that from my dad. (Are cooking skills genetic?) He too loves to grill, cook, and concoct in the kitchen but is terrible at making rice.
The mystery part of this gift is that we have no idea who sent it to us. There was nothing written on the packing slip and no card with it. Len and I expected that a family member would mention it in a Christmas card or phone call or something, but we never heard anything. Now 3 months later, we still have no clue who our Secret Santa was.
So, to whoever is my mystery giver, thank you! I don't know who you are, I don't even know if you read this blog, but you have given me and my family a great present! Fluffy rice!!!!! I am grateful, and I know they are too. (Although they would never complain about the mushy rice we had before - They know not to mess with the cook!)
Just a little reminder to me of how blessed we are. And isn't is always the little things that just make our day!
To my Saver of Rice, my Defender of Fluffiness, my Hero in the War Against Mush, you have made my day! Thank you!
1 comment:
I love those little blessings. Plus, I'll remember this the next time we decide to have stir fry for LIFE group. ;)
Post a Comment