screw - v - to mistreat or exploit through trickery or unfair actions: to deprive of or cheat out of something due or expected.
Unfortunately due to circumstances 100% out of our control, we've been screwed. Not just once or twice but three times, and it stinks!
1. Our landlord refused to pay us a penny of our rent deposit back. Good bye $700.
2. A hospital in Chicago has taken money out of Len's paycheck and our refund to cover a bogus charge made when Len was on OJT 2 years ago, after we thought the situation had been disputed and resolved. Good-bye $475.
3. Somehow we were enrolled in the wrong dental program we we first came to Virginia, we used the dental program, and now we're stuck between the two companies, both of which claim they can't do anything about it, and the dentist is knocking at our door asking for his bills to be paid! Good-bye $500.
After spending countless hours (phone calls, letters, ranting, raving, more phone calls, prayers, tears & venting) trying to resolve these financial set backs, and just as I'm about to really lose it and start kicking and screaming with fury, I watch my two youngest playing.
They laugh, play, laugh some more, giggle, chase each other, laugh and squeal! Completely care free!
Do they care about these injustices? No.
Should they? No!
So, then should I?
(big sigh) No.
Am I still mad about it? Well . . yes. But can I let my anger distract me from what's really important in my life? Absolutely not!
If I really do believe that God is in control (and I do)and I do believe His word when it tells me not to worry about the things of this world (and I do), then I have to let go.
I. have. to. let. go.
(Thanks for letting me vent!)
3 comments:
Ahh...so sorry. Yes, that's frustrating, but what a blessing that your girls were there to put some perspective on it. Isn't God good? We will pray for some unexpected blessings! Love you guys.
I understand ! !
I needed to read this post. Thanks for reminding me that I. Also. Need. To. Let. Go. Love and miss you!
Post a Comment