What do I do take care of each day? Crap and pee
What do I spend most of my time focused on? Crap and pee
What is always being washed at my house? Something with crap and pee on it.
Yep. That's my life right now. I have a one year old in cloth diapers and a puppy that I'm house training. Crap and pee. Every hour. Every day. I schedule my outings with crap and pee in mind. "When did I last change her diaper? How many extra diapers should I take with me? When did the dog last pee and poop? How long can I be gone before she pees and poops in her crate? How much water has she drank since she last peed?"
Crap and pee.
Surprisingly, I still love my job and I'm not discouraged by the day-to-day yuckiness I have to deal with. (Not counting yesterday's grouchy mood I was in.) It is what it is. It is a part of life and eventually this will not be the main focus of my job. One of these days Peaches will be house trained. (Yesterday I nearly cried when the puppy went to the back door, rang the bell, and went out to tinkle. It was so beautiful! Then she brought me back to reality by letting me step into a puddle in the girls' room! Thanks Peaches!) One of these days 'N' will be potty trained. (And no I haven't started on that yet - One training at a time, please!) I'm trying to keep a good sense of humor about it all, but it kills me when my 6 year old calls me into the bathroom, totally embarrassed, because she too soiled her underwear. And then the very next day I spend 15-20 minutes in the bathroom with the 4 year old who can't get the poop out.
See? My life is crap and pee!
I'll post more pictures later. I just had to get this off my chest!
7 comments:
Wow...my side is hurting from laughing so hard!!!
I hear ya on the dog stuff...that is too much of my life now as well. The other part is in my life too, it is just with other people's children. That doesn't make it so fun. But my fun will start up soon in June! Can't wait to add more poop and pee to my life!
Not that I wanted to wish away my children's babyhood, but I did rejoice when I no longer worried that I had crap and pee on me somewhere from holding and caring for them,and may actually smell like I did. It is brave of you to take on a little dog right now, but what fun!
I've been there. I tell my mom all the time that by the time I finish up with changing my kids' diapers, I'll have to start changing hers.
Your aunt says that the first two years are all about intake and output....PC names for crap and pee.
This too shall pass....
I hear you loud and clear. This is the one reason I have told Jeremy that we will not be getting a dog for a long time. At least until our own children are fully potty trained. I just can't handle it.
Your "crap and pee" entry made me pee in my pants. LOVED this one.
And then, after you've run down the "C&P" activity at your house lately, you promise to post pictures! I truly did LOL at that point...
P.S. Seriously. No pictures of Peaches' puddles, please!
Post a Comment