'N' has been doing very well. She pees in the toilet every 2 to 3 hours and now even pees away from home. She has one regular bowl movement a day - if we're at home she'll go in the toilet. Away from home she goes in her diaper.
Today had been a good day. I kept a diaper on her for swim lessons this morning and let her be in panties at home. She did her business in the toilet, she was regular and on schedule, so I thought I was safe. I was feeling a bit brave and ventured to take 'N' away from home for one errand, to the library, in her panties!
I should have know that Murphy's Law would prevail. I should have seen it coming. But I didn't. Even though, 'N' had gone to the bathroom right before we left the house, she came up to me after 30 minutes in the library walking funny and pointing to her panties. Yep, today was apparently double poopy day!
I got her to the bathroom where I threw her disgusting underwear in the trash and cleaned her off. Unfortunately for me, I had no other diaper or panties to put on her. So off we went through the library with 'N' going commando under a very short summer dress! I'm pretty sure she flashed several people before I could get her, the big girls, and our monstrous pile of books checked out and out the door.
I probably looked like a major groucho momma, barking orders at my kids and dragging them out of the library as fast as I could. I hope someone got a good laugh at us! I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be laughing about it too. Parenthood definitely takes courage, but today my bravery came back to get me in the end. (ba dum psh!)
3 comments:
Better days will prevail! And I'm sure you were very entertaining to someone in the library:)
Funny. I think every parent has a child going commando at some point. Mine was a church one night working on VBS until I could find a whole new bottom outfit. She didn't have an accident, she somehow managed to get the pee to shoot like a fountain from under the seat all over her clothes. That was one of those unforgettable nights.
I laughed heartily at your story, but only because I have had similar experiences. It is days like those that make you thankful for all the normal days.
Post a Comment