Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family

God,

I'm stumped and I'm tongue-tied.

I'm so overwhelmingly thankful for what I have that I don't know how to express it.

I look around at my family here, and I feel so unworthy. I look at my extended family spread across the US, and feel even more unworthy. What did I do to deserve all this amazing love? How is this possible when I know the person I face each day in the mirror doesn't even begin to measure up to having earned any of this?

This past weekend my mom, "Mia", come for a visit. She spent hundreds of dollars, took time off of work, and fly to my house. Then she spends her time with us steam cleaning my carpets, and enduring not one but two adventuresome outings with our girls to a water park and a pool. (One of these days taking the kids to the pool will involve me sitting in a lounge chair sipping lemonade and reading a book. But we're not even close to being there yet!) As if that's not enough, she kept thanking us for letting her come visit! Thanking us!

I'm beyond words, God. To say that I feel lucky or fortunate doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Even blessed doesn't cover it all. I am humbled. I am thankful. I am completely undeserving of this wealth of love you've lavished on me through my family members. And not just my mom. My husband keeps telling me that my ginormous and horribly freakishly large belly is beautiful. My girls come up at random times throughout the day and give me hugs and kisses. All of my family members make me feel so loved!

God, the only thing I know to do is humbly bow down before you and give you the glory and honor for this blessing. It is not my doing. And you above anyone else know that I don't deserve it. So thank you God. Thank you for all of my family. I love them dearly. May I never, ever take for granted what you have given me!

Amen.






2 comments:

Mandy said...

What a beautiful post! I feel the same way, so so often. It's so humbling.

Mia said...

Family is a blessing from God. Therefore you are a blessing for all of us!