Monday, February 6, 2012

DDD

Hello blog world!  It's me, Kara.  Yes, I know its been awhile since I've blogged.  I wish I had some great reason for my absence.  Nothing is wrong with our house or computer.  No one has been sick lately.  Our world hasn't been crammed with constant activities and events.  No aliens have abducted us.  Basically nothing has happened worthy of posting about.  Life has been rather normal and quite boring.  I've been LOVING it!  Having nothing to do 3 weekends in a row has been super fun for me!  I know these "lulls" in life don't happen very often, especially with 4 kids, so we've just been sitting back and soaking in all the easy family life we can.  But unfortunately for you, (my one or two loyal readers) that means that there's nothing much for me to post about.

Well, finally something is blog worthy.  And, of course, I have pictures to share!  This past weekend three people in our household got "gussied-up" with nice hair dos, fancy clothes, jewelry, and smelly good stuff to go to the Daddy Daughter Dance!  It was for the young girl scouts in the area so both 'R' and 'B' were able to go.  "Formal" wear was recommended.  The girls were ecstatic about this!  Len wasn't as thrilled, but went along with it to please his girls.





'R' is sporting a "waterfall" twist that we found on pinterest.  

Poor youngest sister was upset about not going to the dance and being a part of the "fancy" pictures, so Len took a picture with just her!

'N' and I enjoyed a movie and popcorn while the older girls were away, and 'R' and 'B' came home with lots of fun stories to tell about the dance.  They had a great time!

5 comments:

Grammy said...

The girls look so grownup and just gorgeous! Daddy better go find his big stick to keep those pesky boys away! I won't be long:)

Alyssa said...

So beautiful! What a special night.

Drea said...

They both look so pretty!

Shiann Metheny said...

Very sweet!

The Driskells said...

When they start bringing boys home I'm going to tell those young men that I'm in the Navy.
And when they ask me what I do I'll say, "Have you heard of the SEALS?"
When they ask me, "Are you a SEAL?" I'll say, "No, I'm just a Chaplain, but I know a lot of SEALS."
Then I'll whisper, "And while you now know what I look like you have no idea who they are or when they'll come for you."
"And even I don't know exactly what they'll do to you if you touch my daughter. Understood."