So today, 'R' earned her first AR medal for reading over 25 books! She is so super proud, and of course I am too! Here's the sweet picture:

And here's the silly picture:

Another perk of 'R' being in school is all the fun things she learns from other kids. Someone in her class taught her that silly old rhyme "Eenie, meenie, miney, moe. Catch a tiger by the toe . . . ." You remember that right? Well, 'R' has been using it non stop for the past month for any and ever decision she has to make. Sometimes I think she wants choices just so she can use her rhyme to pick the winner! What's even better than 'R' saying it all the time is now 'B' has learned it too! Except 'B' went the extra mile and made it into a song! She sings it at the dinner table, in the car, bath tub, everywhere. It's the new hit song! I used to think this little rhyme was cute. It used to put a little smile on my face. Now that I have to listen to it all day long, sometimes in surround sound from both of them, I don't like it so much. In fact when I hear it, I begin to feel a slight twitch in the corner of my eye and tension building in my shoulders! This is usually followed by a mandated quiet time for everyone under 6! (I'm so mean!)
Here's 'B' singing her platinum song. Play it 20 or 30 times and you'll see what a day in the life of Kara is like! Kind of annoying, but it sure beats any 9 to 5 job!
3 comments:
I can totally relate! While adorable on video, little rhymes sung or said over and over can cause one to go insane! Hang in there! Oh, and there is nothing wrong with mandatory quite time, is there?
The song is so cute! However, I think I will pass on listening 20 time. I get enough of stuff like there here!!! :)
Wow! The LIBRARIAN is impressed with that AR medal! My hat is off to "R"!
A tip of the cap, also, to "B" for being plumb ADORABLE. Can't wait to see her on Broadway someday.
Oh, and bad news for "K", however...you're IT because I just tagged you. Time to share six random things about yourself that your blog readers may not know!
See rules at:
http://tinyurl.com/4c9r32
Post a Comment