Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Our family enjoyed a nice quiet Christmas! We stayed home and didn't travel anywhere! I'm pretty sure this is the first Christmas EVER that I haven't gone somewhere! It was definitely different not seeing family this year, but at the same time a bit more relaxing too. The girls still recieved a great assortment of gifts and presents.

These are the scooters we gave them.

Sleeping bags from grandma.

Dollhouse from Santa!

A play phone for the baby, also from Santa!
And numerous other toys, books, puzzles, baby dolls, etc! They are not lacking for anything - not that they ever were! We feel very blessed and extremely fortunate to be able to give our children what they need and want, but also to have such a large family that lavishes gifts on them too!

My husband also surprised me with my gift. It's a drawing of me taken from a picture from a few years ago. In the picture I am sitting watching my daughter crawl around on the ground. A good friend of ours who was in Texas with us and is now working with a Chicago ministry, is an artist and she does great work. Her website, if you're interested, is http://www.katrinawillis.com.

We were able to enjoy some family time this past weekend with my younger sister, brother, and their spouses. All of us are over here on the east coast so we got together for the official Christmas dinner on Saturday night. I feel incredibly old to say that I hosted Christmas this year! I figured some people would have to die off and I'd have to be a grandmother before I'd be able to host! (REALLY glad neither of those things happened!!!) We had a great time visiting together, but unfortunately no pictures! (Sorry Grammy!)
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

The Rypple Effect said...

How sweet! I am glad you had a "low stress" yet fun with family! Happy Holidays!

Alyssa said...

What a great Christmas! Aren't family christmas' great!