Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Update

Lots of changes happening - Let me fill you in on a few details.

We left Abilene, Texas last Tuesday (25th) after watching 99% of what we own be loaded up on a very large truck and head off into the sunset.  Wednesday we spent the day with Len's family north of Austin.  Thursday we had Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family.  Friday we drove to Marble Falls for 2 days of wedding fun for my little brother.  

Then finally on Sunday morning we started our trek east to Virginia.  We broke our trip up into 3 days, and overall it went very smooth.  Each girl had their moments when they were uncooperative and grouchy, but then again so did Len and I.  In the end we made it to Virginia and we still love each other, so I considerate it a successful trip.  

Now we are in an extended stay hotel probably till next Monday or Tuesday.  We found a house today to move into, but all of our household goods are in temporary storage so it will take a while to get it into our house.

Len started his job today, but for the next week or so he only has to take care of some paperwork and details and then he has the rest of the time to work on getting his family (us) settled!

We also purchased a second car from my sister and brother-in-law.  It's a used Honda, in great condition, and will be perfect for Len to use to drive back and forth to work.  

So, that's the scoop on us.  We'll post more funny stuff from our travels and "big adventure" later but I wanted to give everyone a brief update.  Also, if you don't have our new email address, write this down:  lenandkara@gmail.com  I'll be happy to give you our mailing address and new phone numbers (once we change them).

Thank you for your prayers!  God is good!

3 comments:

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

I'm glad you guys found a house so quickly. I'm hoping the move into the house goes smoothly!

Mandy said...

I heard from Mom and Dad that y'all were moving! Texas will miss you. At some point we must do a reunion, let the kiddos meet.

alisonthompson said...

i haven't been so great at checking all "my blogs" lately, so i didn't realize you were in virginia now. we're glad you made it, and thanks also for reminding us about the joys of this thing called marriage. it is encouraging to hear how your time apart seems to have made your marriage stronger. love you guys!