Saturday, May 23, 2009

Adjusting?

It has been a month since Len left, and you're probably wondering how we are doing. While we have our good and bad days (shot day for example) overall we are adjusting very well. It's not fun being a solo-mom, but we are in a good routine, we are learning as we go, and we are really trying to make the most of it by laughing and staying positive! All glory to God for that! When Len left last fall for 3 months, it was really hard. Really hard! Every day down was a huge milestone! God knew I needed more help then and provided us with amazing friends - I am still so thankful! And either He has equipped me to handle this situation better or He's just made the situation easier, because I am not nearly as stressed as I was back in the fall. We have a few advantages to our schedule and routine that is making it easier on me that we didn't have back in Texas.

*I am no longer nursing and spoon feeding a baby 4 to 5 times a day! She now holds her own sippy cup and feeds herself.


* I no longer have to drive 'R' to school. She just walks across the street. If little ones are sleeping in the afternoon when I have to walk over to pick her up, I just lock the door and go. No more waking kids up for big sister's schedule!

* I am not sleep deprived from the baby that used to share my room. She sleeps very sound through the night in her own room!

* 'R' is not having her monster fits like she did back in Texas. She pitched one good scream-fest the day after he left, and nothing since then.

Just those few things coupled with the fact that my children are more capable of helping makes solo-mom-ing less insane. Less insane! I am still crazy - nothing can change that!
So, thank you for your prayers! They are working, so please don't stop!

Now for the pictures!

My little helpers in the kitchen. (They don't really help much but they think they do!)

Pucker up Buttercup!

Watching one of Daddy's videos on the computer - We miss him A LOT!

See?



Maybe we should put on some music and dance! That will make us feel better!




Or better yet let's make a chocolate dessert!

Who doesn't love licking bowls of chocolate pudding and mint Cool Whip?




Are we adjusting? Yes. But it's still hard. 'R' put it best when she said, "It's just not the same without Daddy!" And I agree. We're making the best of it and God is blessing us through it.


All glory to God for the good things in our life!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Praying for your family! I love seeing the pictures of your girls--they are so beautiful.

And chocolate and mint cool whip? What did you make? Do tell...