Thursday, May 21, 2009

Learned my lesson

Yes, I'm new to this military lifestyle of institutional health care, I'm new to this area of the country, and I'm handling more than usual due to my solo-mom status. So some lessons I am learning the hard way. Lesson for the day:

Don't take 3 girls to the health clinic for check-ups and shots at the same time!

Next time I will make 3 separate appointments and hire babysitters. That way I won't have to listen to all three screaming their heads off while I take turns holding each one down for the shots, I won't have to explain to them why I am crying too, and I won't have to buy too much junk food to try and make up for the trauma!

Can I get a shot of something strong?

6 comments:

graceunderautism said...

awwww...been there and done that. I even took my mom to help me out with the joint appt and it was STILL a disaster! They even cried about being weighed and measured!

Yesterday Little J had to get 4 shots and when it was time for bible class he could barely walk....I felt like such a bad mom for not dolling out the motrin sooner.

*HUGS* to ya mama.

April said...

Oh Kara, I am so sorry you went through that! I cried holding Adelyn when she had to get her blood taken at 2 weeks old, so I can't imagine having three girls crying and all of them old enough to know what is happening to them!!

Alyssa said...

Bless your heart. The good part is that it is over and done and you won't have to go back for a while. My Dr. tells me I can set up joint appointments for my kids but I always refuse. I can't handle it.

April L. said...

Oh my goodness! How horrible for all of you. Hang in there! You're my hero!

The Stiffs said...

Sorry. I do it that way every time. It stinks but it's like ripping off the band-aid and I get it over with instead of 3 trips in. I'm a firm believer in awarding the moms with service medals after the dad's come home. You went through the line of fire today!

mad4books said...

Man, wouldn't Schlotzsky's have tasted GREAT after all that trauma? (What was your favorite sandwich again? The ORIGINAL? Are you drooling yet?)

Hoping y'all retire in Texas someday and enjoy Schlotzsky's to your heart's content,
Kristy