Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thank you God!

What was it today at church that sent tears down my cheeks?

Was it the beautiful profession of faith and baptism of a young girl?

No.

Was it the message of Romans 8:28, reminding me that God works through any and every situation no matter how bleak to bring good for those who love him?

No. (Although perfect for me and my situation right now.)

Was it the incredible video clip of a mother's testimony that her very dependant and handicapped child was her greatest blessing and had taught her about God's love?

No.

Any of these could have and should have brought tears to my eyes. They brought tears to others in church. But the thing that opened up my faucet of water works was the message my 6 year old wrote to me on her doodle paper.

"My dad is on a ship. I miss my daddy right now. I love him and he loves me."





"God is with me. I will not worry about my dad."

Thank you God for my husband who serves you and his country in a small boat on the other side of the ocean.

Thank you also for my children who humbly remind me of your sovereign power and control.

7 comments:

Lenny D said...

Thank you for sharing that. It started my waterworks too...which means I squeezed out three tears (but that's a lot for me). I can't believe how amazing my family is; I don't deserve you all. Thank you for loving me and letting me get on this ship. I know how hard it was/is. Tell Rachel that she is the sweetest and smartest girl ever. I love her simple faith and wish mine were more like it.

Mia said...

'and a little child shall lead them'....what an inspiration for all of us. There are tears and love in Texas. We're proud of all of you!

Rachael said...

Kara - I teared up too :) There is nothing like the faith of a child to remind all of us that God is in control. I'm so glad you shared. Love you guys!

graceunderautism said...

yup tears in my eyes too....

I just hope that my boys express those kinds of feelings when hubby is in Korea vs. the anger and indifference they expressed while he was gone the previous 9 weeks.

The Stiffs said...

That is so sweet. I shed lots of tears for lots of reasons yesterday but I'm feeling misty again.

Janet Jergins said...

I just found your blog, Kara. You guys are in my prayers. I am not surprised at how articulate Rachel is. Take care. We miss you.

Unknown said...

This definitely brought tears to my eyes, too. She reminds me of Len in her very young wisdom. He was always amazing me with his insight. love you all, mom (nana)