Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

'R' brought home a cute Father's Day project on the last day of school. Its a big piece of paper with her hand prints at the top and a typed poem glued to the bottom.



"Walk a little slower, Daddy," said a girl so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall."

"Sometimes your footsteps are very fast, and that's very hard for me.
So walk a little slower, Daddy, for you are teaching me."

"Someday when I'm all grown up, I'll marry a man like you.
Then I will have some children who will follow their Dad, too."

"Then I will need to choose just right, a man who is good and true.
So walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must learn from you."



This Father's Day I am especially thankful for my husband who is walking a very hard line of service and sacrifice. My prayer is that our girls will someday (hopefully in 20+ years!) marry a man who loves God and loves them.

Just like their father!

Happy Father's Day!
Somewhere in the Suez Canal

1 comment:

mad4books said...

Happy Father's Day, Len!

And Happy Father's Day to all military spouses who step up and become mom AND dad during long separations...God bless you with a happy day, too!