Monday, June 29, 2009

Future Adjustments?

Some things Len suggested in an email that might help him adjust here at home once he's off the ship:

* More ship noise - Len suggested that I might need to go to the corner of the room at random times and shout in a shrill voice, "Toxic gas alarm, toxic gas alarm, toxic gas alarm reported on the reefer decks."

* Random intercom announcements.

* Placing a large piece of plywood directly above our bed so that we can't sit up and have to roll out the side.

* Schedule a Family Head meeting first thing in the morning to discuss the POD (Plan of the Day).

* Intelligence meeting at 1800 to discuss anything that might be pertinent to our family mission.

* Len might want to say a prayer out loud around 2155 (just before 10 pm).

* In order for Len to wake up, I might need to set the alarm to say "Reveille, reveille, all hands heave out, reveille."

* Our downstairs will be called the main deck and the upstairs will be the 01 Level. Our bedrooms will be called staterooms and our beds, racks.


Life will definitely be more interesting, but we'd love it! Because Len would be home with us to enjoy it!

3 comments:

The Stiffs said...

Cute. There is very little noise you can make that would be the same as a plane landing on his head. Your other adjustment will be that he will learn to sleep through all that and will totally be able to ignore children crying in the middle of the night.

Shiann Metheny said...

I like the POD idea. I could use that now...

Janet Jergins said...

I kmow that you and Len and the girls will make wonderful family noises together when he comes home.