Now fast forward to a few weeks ago. 'R' and I began talking about donating hair for wigs and about the length needed to do that. We checked her hair and 'B's hair too while talking about it. Again 'B' was insistent that she didn't want short hair, just like she was a year and a half ago and every other time in between since then. Long hair is fine with me, but 'B' really hates the tangles and often cries when you comb her hair.
Now since this original discussion 3 weeks ago, 'B' kept coming up to me at random times saying she wanted to get her hair cut. Since 'B' often says strange things, I pretty much ignored it at first. But she kept saying it. Finally I got out the ruler, measured her long locks and discussed with her how short her hair would really be, fully expecting her to change her mind. Nope, she stayed the course and continued to pester me more about getting her hair cut.
"Can I get my hair cut today?"
"When am I going to get my hair cut?"
"Mooooooom, when are we going?"
Finally I called the beautician and made an appointment, but I was still skeptical about whether 'B' would actually go through with it and how short she'd let us cut the hair.
Today, we went. 'B' wasn't anxious, nervous, or shy. She was holding firm to the fact that she wanted her hair cut short! We looked at hairstyle magazines, discussing all the cons of a big hair cut like no more ponytails in the back or curls at the bottom. 'B' was rock solid! She knew what she wanted and she wasn't wavering! (I love that about her!!!) She hopped up in the chair, was calm, mature, and obedient the whole time! I was totally shocked and amazed! (This is the same little girl who climbed to the top of the Chick-fil-A climber two days prior and screamed bloody murder until I contorted my 5'8" frame up there to help her down!) 'B' was a totally grown-up girl today and I was so proud! She's lost almost all of her baby curls and most of the golden blond with it too. Now she's got a big girl hair cut and she couldn't be happier!
And that 9" ponytail will be going to Beautiful Lengths to help make a wig for a cancer patient at no cost to them! www.beautifullengths.com Hopefully it will make someone else as happy too!
Before





8 comments:
Adorable!!!!
'B' looks so grown up with her new haircut. What a great donation...and what a special girl.
Love you
What a sweet and brave girl! I LOVE her new haircut!
My baby looks so cute! It is hard to imagine her without that long hair, though.
Now I want to know when more pictures of you in a bathing suit are going to be posted. On second thought, just email those to me. ; )
Love this cute little haircut! She looks so proud of it. Hope y'all are doing well.
I love the haircut but I can't believe you cut off all that beautiful hair! I've always been so jealous of Bethany's beautiful hair. Umm, maybe I can get a wig from her 9"??? Just a thought.
what a great heart she has! Kinda like her mom. Her hair will make a lovely wig and is absolutely adorable in the new cut!
I can completely commiserate with B: I always cried everytime my mom cut my hair -- looking at all the curls on the floor. But we did not have the option of helping someone else in the process. I am very, very proud of my girls for being so generous! If this is manifested now, think what awesome women they will be! love, hugs and kisses. nana
Post a Comment