Saturday, August 29, 2009

Summer classes

Besides going to Texas this summer, the girls have stayed busy with some classes at our local rec. centers. I signed 'R' & 'B' up for one day soccer clinics, dance class, and swim lessons. Even 'E' and 'N' got to do swim lessons too with myself and 'E'-man's mom. Our rec. center isn't anything fancy or extensive (this isn't Juilliard or an ivy league school), but it has given our girls some basic skills and knowledge and has also allowed them to get a taste of different activities, so we know more what they want to try in the future.

(By the way, they both chose soccer over dance, yet their lazy, summer-minded mother just looked into the soccer groups yesterday and found them all full! Maybe soccer next year?)

Dance class:








'R' swim lessons:

('B's class was postponed and will start up next month. A friend took some pictures of the swim lessons with 'N', but I don't have them yet. So more pictures later.)





'B' soccer:



Here's 'B' proudly showing off her soccer certificate upside down! And yes, she also received a mini soccer ball too! Great for practicing those soccer skills with her Barbie doll!

'R's soccer:

(That is her second from the right chasing the ball.)

And her playing goalie too.
(Sorry about the picture quality. Apparently my camera doesn't take good pictures from across the gym. Guess I'll need to get a new one before those high school basketball games!)


We've enjoyed it all, but I think everyone is ready for summer to be over. School starts on the 8th!

4 comments:

mad4books said...

You are the UBER MOM! Great pics...and what a great idea to let them try so many different activities--they'll really know what they want to pursue when they're older!

Great to see you all so fit and happy. We miss you like the Dickens down here. (We move into the new building in 4-5 weeks. I'm a little out of the loop since the NC/Va. vacation and then the surgery, but different HOPE visitors keep me filled in.)

Speaking of HOPE, you would not believe the cards, calls, visits, food, and general thoughtfulness HOPE has showered on our family since I've been down.

Damon, that nut, even showed up with a 4-pack of Northern bath tissue when he heard I was doing the colon prep the night before the surgery. We all had a good laugh and Karen snapped a picture, but it turned out to be a great visit with prayer and the Lord's Supper...even though I could only sip the liquid portion...the night before the operation. What a blessing!

Squeeze the girls for us!

Grammy said...

I see future star potential! Great job girls. Does this mean that they are going to continue with dance until a soccer team becomes available?

Rachael said...

I loved this post! The girls look SO cute doing all of that fun stuff. :) They definitely had an eventful summer! I hope school starts off great for you guys :)

Unknown said...

When I need to be cheered up, I just open the blog and watch my girls perform at life. love you all, hugs and kisses. Tell my baby boy "hi" when you talk to him. love, nana