If you know us (and I hope you do if you're reading our blog), you know that we do Christmas cards each year with a family picture. It's a tradition I started about 12 or 13 years ago when it was just me and my dog Cassie. Now there's a few more people in the picture.
With a new baby in the house and Len gone for a week and half, things get done at a snail's pace around here. I knew it was going to take me awhile to get Christmas cards done, so I had a small window of opportunity to actually get the family picture taken. Very small window. Like 30 minutes one evening. So needless to say what we got was not superior, professional quality. We had lots of FAIL pictures. Even the ones that did make the Christmas card are really not that great, but they were the best of the FAIL.
Here are some that didn't make the cut:
Missing a few people - although that's an accurate picture of how we feel most of the time!

1 pair of eyes closed, N's painful smile, & B less than thrilled

2 pairs of eyes closed, N still painful


2 pairs of eyes closed and 2 looking away

1 pair of eyes closed, 1 looking away, and N is now scary
1 pair of eyes closed, B is drugged, N is talking, and S is slipping
This one almost made it. That's the least painful and scary smile we got on 'N', but little man's mohawk is blocking her!
B is almost there, N & Len looked forced, and S's face says it all!


B is almost there, N & Len looked forced, and S's face says it all!

With this many people in our family, I have a feeling FAIL pictures are going to be the norm for us. But that's OK with me! This is our real life, far from perfect, crazy family and I wouldn't have it any other way! These pictures may not have made it to the Christmas card, but they did give us a few laughs!
Don't be shy. Please share your FAILs too!
2 comments:
That made me laugh, but only because we are taking our photos tomorrow. Yes, I dare not do it myself. Then again if they are all FAILS then I still have to pay for it. We shall see. Thanks for the fun post!
Oh, what a wonderful post! For the last two years, I've shared my FAIL photos online at
http://bit.ly/iaOIcL
and
http://bit.ly/h41T81
Alas, it looks like there will be no Christmas card jocularity this year. (Working FOUR jobs doesn't leave a lot of time for posing!)
Post a Comment