We've been getting slammed lately and I feel like I'm finally catching my breath!
The day after Len left, 'R' began running fever and continued it for 4 days.
The day after 'R' stopped the fever, 'N' began running fever and continued it on and off for 6 days.
'B' joined in with 'N' and they shared two fever days together along with me who had a cold and didn't feel good.
By this past Monday, everyone seemed to be better.
Then Tuesday morning 'S' woke up with fever. After a frustrating day of not getting help from the clinic nurses, not being able to make an appointment ("because his fever was too high" - like that makes any sense), and not being able to keep his fever down on my own, I ended up taking 'S' to the ER with a temp of 103.
I think I managed to scare the crap out of everyone in my family (especially my poor prego sister who I called in tears to ask to come watch the girls so I could take 'S' to the hospital. I think she hung up on me to race - or rather waddle - out the door, never even stopping to find out why!) and by the next day "Grammy" was on a plane to Virginia!
While I hated taking my 3 month old to the hospital for fever, it ended up being a blessing. The doctor casually mentioned doing a flu swab on 'S' and it came back positive! All this fever/cold stuff that we've had for 2 weeks has been the flu! Lovely!
Things are hopefully, finally calmer! "Grammy" is staying at our house till baby M decides to make her grand arrival, so I am enjoying having an extra pair of hands and someone to watch the kids while I run errands! Nice treat!
We've been hit hard, but we're still standing! Thank you to all our friends and family that have been praying for us! No doubt our help has come from the Lord!
1 comment:
What a way to start out. Now the rest of the time will seem like a breeze. :) Every time you start to think it's crazy, you'll just think, "at least we don't all have the flu."
Glad you are all feeling better.
Post a Comment