Monday, July 11, 2011

Georgia on my mind

We returned safely from our trip to Georgia on Friday evening.  It was an exhausting but fun trip and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins.  A special shout out to my mom, brother, and sister-in-law who helped make this trip possible!  There is no way in the world that I could have attempted even part of this adventure by myself, and you guys were so great to help pick up my slack.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

So what did we do in rural Georgia?  The question should probably be what didn't we do in rural Georgia!

Swim in the lake?  Check.
R, cousin M, and cousin I
Uncle Britt with N, R, and two of his crew, M & ED

Watch fireworks over the lake?  Check.

Celebrate birthdays?  Check.

At 1800 our time on the 6th and 0200 Len's time on the 7th, we sang to him and ate cake.  He received pictures and a video of the celebration in honor of him.
ED turned 4 while we were there.
Ride bikes?  Check.
The three oldest of the kids, I, M, & R
Canoe in pond?  Check.

Mia with the 3 oldest

Me with R & M
Play in dirt?  Check.
N and cousin EC are two peas in a pod!
B and ED
Get stripped down, hosed off, and sit around on the porch in your panties after playing in the dirt?  Check.
Have water fun in the front yard with a slip-n-slide?  Check.
Have even more water fun attacking your cousins with water guns?  Check.
See how many kids you can fit in the inflatable shark head of the slip-n-slide?  Check.
They fit 5!
Enjoy some amazing sweet Georgia peach ice cream, watch the work line of a peach packing factory, and take touristy pictures in front of a huge Georgia peach?  Check.

B

R

N
Cry when all the fun is over and you have to drive back home?  Check.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Cute photos! So glad you guys got to go!

brenda said...

Looks fun! I think the best parts were eating peach ice cream and the sitting on the porch in your panties....I remember doing both of those things when I was MUCH younger :-) Your kids are adorable!