Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To Kara

For ten of the most wonderful years any man has experienced. 
14JUL01-14JUL11


This Woman

When I look at this woman
I relive the perfection of first kisses
The thrill of holding her delicate hand
Scenes of laughter, blissful ignorance of the years ahead
All the euphoria of budding love rushes to my mind

When I look at this woman
I feel the cold wind on the shoreline
The dampness of the earth as I knelt before her
Words, inadequate and fumbling, attempting
To ask for something far greater than at first imagined

When I look at this woman
The depths of the ocean could not contain
Once I entered into, valleys and mountain spires
Exploring all there is to see and know
Understanding she continues on, infinite and awesome

When I look at this woman
Cradle of life within her flesh
Heart beats, moving, reacting even then
Consummation of a growing love between
Greatest of my treasures given by her

When I look at this woman
I perceive what no one else could
Uncommon strength, amazing and gentle
Unseen scars, only I can touch with trembling hand
Permeating beauty and loveliness, breathtaking

When I look at this woman
That which is not yet, is still certain
We will walk unyielding into every day
Secured fast, yet free and light
Uncomplicated, uncompromising, ever true 

I see all that I need, all I desire,
What makes me most afraid and
What inspires me to greater plateaus
 I know true joy, and life, and love
When I look at this woman


I love you, Kara


3 comments:

Drea said...

Oh my. That made me all weepy! And it's not just pregnancy hormones!

Mia said...

OK I'm weepy also and I'm definitely not pregnant.
Congrats to both of you....you're an amazing couple and I'm proud to be your mom!
Love you both!

Alyssa said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!