Of course Len and I treasure weddings, especially those of close family and friends, because it always makes us think back to our own wedding and vows and rekindles a little bit of romance for us. The girls loved this wedding because they both got to be a princess and get all dolled up for the occasion. "R" was the official flower girl for the wedding, and even though "B" didn't have a role in the ceremony she still thought she the star of the show. Most of the reasoning for their high levels of self-esteem was due to the fact that the bride and groom showered our girls with gifts! And when I mean showered, I mean showered! They are such a loving, thoughtful, and generous young couple and they went all out to make our girls feel special.
First of all, they picked out a beautiful white sparkly dress for "R" to wear as the flower girl. It was poofy, frilly, and girly! "R" loved it! Then they bought dresses for all the girls to wear to the rehearsal dinner and dresses for "B" and "N" to wear to the wedding. Then they gave "R" a gift for being in the wedding. They gave her a sparkly necklace, a sparkly bracelet, a tiara, white gloves, and a pearly beaded purse to go with her flower girl dress! And not to leave "B" out, they gave her bracelets, a necklace, sparkly clips, and a pink beaded purse to match her dress that she wore to the wedding. Plus on top of that, they gave the girls small stuffed puppy dogs, a book and glow-sticks for each of them! Our girls thought they were princesses! "B" was so proud of her new jewelry, she continued to wear them for the next 3 days after the wedding whether they matched with her outfit or not! (She may end up being our girly girl!)
It was a great weekend for all of us. God united two beautiful people in marriage, our girls think they are beautiful (which they should think whether they are or not!), and we enjoyed visiting with friends and family! We were all tired when it was over, but we have great memories and pictures of it all!


2 comments:
Your girls are beautiful and how sweet of them to give them so much. It is hard not to give cute kids (especially girls) great gifts.
I love these pictures! I am glad the girls felt so beautiful...every little girl needs to feel like a princess every once in a while! I really missed seeing you guys during my trip to Abilene. I hope the vacation is going well! Love yall.~Rachael
Post a Comment