
We found out two days ago that my packet was approved by the CARE Board (commissioning board) on July 22nd. I had been told that it had not even been seen that day, but that's another story. The approval is pending the posting of my degree and the ok from the Department of Defense. So basically the Navy has said they want me for Active Duty in the Chaplain Corps and now it's up to the good folks at ACU to give me my MDiv and the efficiency of the federal government to say I can be commissioned.
It feels like we've been waiting on other people for over two months now, so I guess a little more waiting can't hurt. I have been given the number for the Chaplain Detailer (the person that matches Chaplains up with billets, a billet is basically a post) to start talking with him about where we might want to go and what openings might be available. The detailer can't do anything official until I am commissioned, but we can start developing a relationship that could lead to getting a job I want.
Speaking of which, I want a ship first, preferably an aircraft carrier. Which means Norfolk would be a good place for us because we'd have family nearby. (Of course the George Washington is heading to Japan later this year.) Anyway, I wanted to know where you think we ought to go. And assume that we've already been told no on Hawaii, because we will be told no on Hawaii. Sound off, where should we ask to go?
By the way, I'm hoping to include my church family, and as much of my blood family as possible, in the commissioning ceremony. But the time and place may not be up to me. If it is then I'd like to have it either before, after, or during our worship time at Hope. If it is not then everyone will be invited and then I would like to have some kind of unofficial ceremony at Hope anyway. (kind of like when a couple gets married by the judge and then has a church ceremony later)
3 comments:
YAY! We are excited for y'all. You have been so patient, and it seems God is rewarding that. I have no idea where to suggest you go. Wish we could be there for your ceremony. We love you guys.
I'm so excited for you. At least you've got the ball rolling and can start to see things happening. I vote for Norfolk! I only say that because I would be able to come visit you guys a lot easier since we travel through Virginia to get to Maryland to see Jason's family.
Argh...I'm torn between shouting "Hooray!" and "Don't leave!"
Happy for your good news,
Kristy
P.S. Be sure to bring The Fam over to our new house! I need "K's" decorating advice...
Post a Comment