Monday, November 24, 2008

Brown Sea!

I am sitting in a sea of brown boxes!  
I am watching everything we own be wrapped and packed up by two very systematic movers!  They've obviously done this before (which is a good thing)!  Our house is turned upside down.  There is no longer any food to eat except a few crackers and baby food.  You can't get to the dining room table.  You can't even get into the office at all.  We have to pack our dirty clothes to go with us.  And we can't use any real dishes or rags - only disposable items!  It's a bit chaotic around here.  We've been super busy the past 2 days getting ready for all of this and I'm very sleep deprived!
But as I type this (sitting on the only available chair) I am watching my husband read a book as he sits on the living room couch.  Yes, I am actually watching him!  In person!  He's here!  I am no longer a solo-mom!
Life may be chaotic, but we're in it together and that is a great feeling.  Don't ask me what we'll eat for the next 24 hours, and please don't ask me details about where something is.  I don't know!  What I do know is that my best friend is home again and we get to enjoy this "big adventure" hand-in-hand!
Life is good.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

How exciting for you guys! Glad you are back together for this big adventure.

graceunderautism said...

This made me giggle. I've been through 5 such moves. You'll laugh when you unwrap can goods that are packed just as thourouhly as china.

Just make sure to check off each and every box number as it goes on the truck tomorrow. Steven was a little lax on checking off the last move and we "lost" like 10 boxes and a very expensive vaccum. Not trying to scare you, just saying be careful. *HUGS*
HAPPY MOVING! We just got news that after I do my solo year, we won't have to pack up and move! WAHOO! :)

April said...

This is such a sweet post! I am glad that Len is home with his girls!! I hope your move goes well and look forward to keeping up with how things are going! God is good!!!

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

I can't wait to hear about the move and all the adventures that come with it.