Last weekend marked the half way point of Len's deployment. We are over the hump and down to 2 digit numbers of days left! Yeah!!!!
I haven't posted any pictures of Len's deployment in a while, so let me catch you up. His ship went through the Med, through the Suez canal, and down the coast of Africa. Last weekend they went around the Cape of Good Hope and turned around. So they are basically coming back home - very slowly of course but at least they are moving in the right direction!
Len has gotten to see some amazing things while he's been gone and he's stayed busy running COMREL (Community Relations) projects at various ports.
This is the ship going through the Suez canal or, as Len calls it, a big sand ditch. (That's not him by the way at the front manning the guns!)
COMREL in Djibouti. They played with some kids at an orphanage.









3 comments:
That is great! I pray that these 3 months will go by so quickly...with school starting soon, that will help a little.
I'm playing catch up. Congrats on making it half way. Hoping the rest goes by quickly for you.
Yay for halfway done! I've still been following your blog...hoping the second half of the deployment flies by for you!
Post a Comment