"Sleep, health, & riches to be truly enjoyed must be interrupted."
One of my favorite quotes! As often as I hear it and say it, the pure joy of having these "riches" return to you never ceases to amaze me.
Top Ten Simple Pleasures
10. Getting our crew out the door, into bed, in the car, through stores, to the table, into bath, etc takes about half the time now!
9. When we put the older kids in bed, dishes are done, house is relatively picked up, and I can sit and do whatever I want to do!
8. I have someone here to laugh with about the silly things our girls do and who actually gets my sarcasm and inside jokes!
7. I have two Usborne shows this week and a doctor's appointment, and I don't have to arrange for a babysitter!
6. When multiple activities are going on in different locations, we can now divide and conquer!
5. My children don't have to be with me at all times for every little errand I need to run!
4. I actually got a back rub the other day!
3. There is one person at the dinner table that I don't have to plead with to eat more food, remind how to sit properly in a chair, correct their smacking habit, or clean their hands when dinner is done!
2. I went to the grocery store alone! I didn't have to pack sippy cups, snacks, & diapers, I didn't have to use the monstrous shopping cart with the attached kiddie car, and I was able to chuckle at the lady who's kids were screaming and pitching a fit in the store! WONDERFUL!
And the number one is . . .
1. I have my best friend home!!!!
We've had so many people ask us "Are you happy to have him home?" or "Are you happy to be back home?", Len and I are almost at the sarcastic stage where we want to say, "Nope! It's terrible!" All you have to do is look at our faces and know how thrilled all of us are to be back together! We LOVE it!
4 comments:
you make me laugh with almost every post you write. i loved reading your list! very funny and also a great reminder to thank God for setting up family as He did. =) so, are you guys enjoying the fact that len is home? ;-)
Great post! You're right, sometimes it does take "absence" to make us appreciate the little things we take for granted. Yay for grocery shopping alone! Sometimes I get up at 6am and go to the store just so I can go by myself while Brandon is still home. Glad you got your hubby back home!
So glad you are all back together again. Can't wait to see you all. nana
Glad you posted the answer to our burning question! And we're so glad Len is home to share all the family fun.
We know you enjoy!
Post a Comment