Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Daddy-Daughter Date

Daddy-Daughter Date is something we started when 'R' was younger in order to give me time with my girls all on our own. I like the idea that the first man a girl should fall in love with is her daddy, and I'm trying hard to live up to that responsibility. This particular DDD was even more important since I am about to be gone for 12 weeks. So Tuesday, the 19th, 'R' and 'B' and I set out for Red Robin to enjoy lunch together and then to see Fly Me to the Moon (in 3D!!).

Here are the girls' drawings...done before our burgers had arrived.
'R' drew an airplane.
'B' drew Mommy, with a prominent belly button.
Here we are chowing down on our delicious burgers and fries.
This is our chocolate shake...complete with three straws. Pretty hot date, huh?
Lastly, this is us after the movie with our 3D glasses on. They're not as cool looking as I remember them being in the past.'R' spent the entire time we were out telling everyone who would listen that we were on a Daddy-Daughter Date and telling me how much she loved our Daddy-Daughter Date. It gives me joy to know that my girls love spending time with me as much as I love being with them. I hope this is always the case. I have such beautiful, funny, smart, talented, and loving girls.

No comments: