Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Pictures and Updates

Many people have asked how school is going for "R". Well, she loves it. The other day in the car on the way home, she asked "Guess what two things are the best." With such a broad question I didn't even know where to begin so I just said I didn't know. Her response, "My school and my teacher!" She loves it! Since "R" is already reading her teacher has begun her on A.R. books (Accelerated Reader). She sends home a book each night, "R" reads it to us several times, and then the next day "R" can take a test on the computer over the book. She earns points for the tests and can even get a medal once she gets up to 25 or 50 points. "R" thinks this is wonderful and practically tears the A.R. book bag apart as she's walking through the door each afternoon to see what book her teacher gave her. The hard part of the "homework" is not the reading itself, but the self-control it takes to stay calm enough to read!

"B" is doing very well at home without big sister. I expected to have at least one day of sadness, maybe a few tears, but we didn't! "B" will ask sometimes where "R" is, and she lovingly gives her big sister a hug each morning when she leaves, but that's about it. "B" loves being at home and she has been entertaining us all the time with random made-up songs, creative Lego structures, and story time - which consists of "B" standing on a stool, sometimes with a microphone, opening a book and making up her own story to go with the pictures she sees! The kid is hilarious! Today we got to listen to story time with "B" in full princess dress-up complete with tiara and everything!

"N" is also doing very well. She is 4 months old today, and she finally rolled over for the first time yesterday! She wants to sit up, but doesn't have the control or strength to do it completely yet. But when she's inclined in her car seat or bouncy set, she is straining to bend herself forward. She squeals and squeaks constantly when she's happy, and she's loves grabbing hold of any toy, blanket, hair, etc that she can get her hands on! She's a fun baby!

They don't call it FUN Dip for nothing!




I believe she's wearing at least 6 scarves, all tied around her body! She obviously doesn't understand that it's August in Texas!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so glad to hear kindergarten is going so well for your big girl. And she's already reading...WOW! I'm hoping that will be the case for my boy next year, we'll see! I love reading your updates!

Julie Terry said...

Your kiddos are absolutely adorable! You seem like such a great mom....Your kids are so lucky. Really.